Today is Earth Day! On this day we celebrate all the beautiful things that the Earth has to offer and it’s a good opportunity to make people aware of the impact our lifestyle has on the planet. And that is much needed! In this new video from Google Earth you can see how much impact humans have on our planet.
Play our special Earth Day Footprint Challenge Quiz and discover which small actions you can take to contribute to a sustainable Earth.Play the Earth Day Quiz!
Have you played the Earth Day Footprint Challenge Quiz? Then read on! At the Footprint Challenge we believe in the power of small actions. Everyone can make a difference in daily life by taking small actions and if we do that with a lot of people, we can make a big impact together.
Now that you know how much impact small actions have, it’s time to create your own Earth Day Action Plan! Check out our tips below or download our Footprint-Friendly Lifestyle Guide for more inspiration. Choose 3 actions that you can get started with today.
You can make a big impact by taking small actions and by making conscious choices. How about these footprint tips you can do on Earth Day (and beyond)?
- Leave meat for a day, more often is highly recommended ;-). With these great recipes you can create a delicious meal without serving meat.
- Cook only what you need so you don’t have to throw away food. Or make a new meal from leftovers.
- Take the bike or go for a walk. Short distances are often faster by bike than by car and you get your daily dose of exercise.
- On average there are still 11 incandescent lamps and 13 halogen lamps in households. On Earth Day, replace an inefficient bulb with an LED bulb. LED uses 90% less energy than an incandescent light bulb and is 85% more efficient than a halogen light, so it pays off to replace the traditional light bulbs even if they are still working.
- Declutter and don’t buy anything new, even online, for a week or a month; ) Take something you no longer use to the thrift store or throw it in the correct recycle bin.
- Help the bee! Plant flower seeds in your garden, on your balcony or do guerilla gardening and make your neighborhood a bee oasis.
Happy Earth Day!